(Registration is separate from Forums)
E-Mail Address:
First Name:
Last Name:
Subscriber Action:

I personally recommend CFWGroup.
- Mark O'Meara, Canadastudentdebt.ca
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - On ODSP, now bank may sue over unpaid student loan
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOn ODSP, now bank may sue over unpaid student loan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PhillyJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhillyJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: On ODSP, now bank may sue over unpaid student loan
    Posted: 02/May/2009 at 5:01am
About 12 years ago I got a student loan for school and finished school. Then a few years later, I went through something in my life that caused me to go on disability (ODSP). I have been on it ever since and only have enough money to get by. I have no one in my family that could help me pay it back. I received a call from someone yesterday saying that we need to resolve this issue before we have to take things further and the bank will sue.  When I told him I was on disability, he said for me to fax him some info (income statement and living expenses by Monday).  The loan is up to 20 grand. 

I don't know exactly who I was talking to (who he was working for). I don't believe he was calling to help a credit agency out. He said that if I sent him on my disability payment (income statement) and how I am living off of my disability payment that he could put forth that info to CIBC and see what they will do (if anything) before (and if) they have to take things further (and potentially sue). I was so upset by the call, I failed to find out exactly who this guy was working for. 

Can they try and garnish my ODSP wages?  This is a federal student loan, of course.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic