(Registration is separate from Forums)
E-Mail Address:
First Name:
Last Name:
Subscriber Action:

I personally recommend CFWGroup.
- Mark O'Meara, Canadastudentdebt.ca
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Default student loan - passport application?!?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
karin517 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karin517 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Default student loan - passport application?!?
    Posted: 09/October/2007 at 1:49am
I have defaulted a National Student Loan a few years back, and now the loan is no longer with the government but with Collect Corp instead.  I started to pay them back for a couple of months, but in financial difficulties again.

I am not residing in Canada now, but need to renew my Canadian passport as it is gonna expire soon.  Does anyone know if they would reject my passport application and retain my old passport?!?
Sponsored Links

Buff View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/October/2007 at 4:08pm
You'll be fine. Student loan issues have nothing to do with passports. I got my first in August and I've had loans in collection for 3 years.

Buff
markomeara View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Site Founder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markomeara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/October/2007 at 12:15am
From our Charter of Rights and Freedoms...

6. (1) Every citizen of Canada has the right to enter, remain in and leave Canada.
Mark Linden O'Meara
Founder of Canadastudentdebt.ca and author of The Feeling Soul - A Roadmap to Healing and Living
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic